Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Work Woes

Happy Wednesday! Hump day, right?

Cassie and Daddy left Japan Saturday, so it's just me, the hubby, and Chowder until we get a vacation or after we PCS and get to visit before our next station. Started a new job, and so far it's OK. There was a lot to learn in the beginning, but finally being able to do some stuff hands on has helped me get the hang of things quickly. The people in the office are nice too, so that helps. There's a BBQ on Friday, which means we get to leave work early AND dress down, but we have to stay through our normal hours of work. I currently work 8-5, so if I want to head on over I'd have to stay until 5. I told my supervisor I might bring my husband, to which he responded that it's expected that people bringing guests also bring a dish to share as well. LOL. Not a problem, but it didn't say that in the mass email that was sent out. Oh well, life goes on. I might not even stay the entire time, just see what it's about with the hubby and then go back to work. There's too many people working here anyway and I probably only know 1/8th of them o_O

I ordered some Rock & Republic blushes because of their 50% off and 0.99 shipping offer. I had to have those babies sent to my parents' house back in Vegas though because they don't ship to APO addies. Totally lame IMO, people in the military rely on mail orders and online shipping these days!! Help us out yo! Oh well. They arrived really quickly even though shipping was 99 cents. Cassie is supposed to swatch them and send them over, along with some of my jewelry and other stuff I left back home. She better hurry up too!! (Love you sis!)

I also ordered 4 dresses from Macy's, some stuff from Forever 21, and also from Victoria's Secret. I was tempted to also buy a Harajuku Lover's shirt I've seen Holly Ann Aeree and itsjudytime, but I can't justify spending another 34 dollars plus S&H. I'm trying to be responsible and grown up, no matter how much it sucks. I'll wait, it'll probably go on sale anyway if it doesn't sell out, right?

So my husband had PT this morning, and before work bought us breakfast from the E club. I had the veggie skillet, which tasted OK, but man was it oily. I feel like it's stuck in my esophagus. Gross much...

Oh well. Hopefully the blog posts pick up on both ends. Cassie will be busy with school, and me...well I'm just lazy -__-. The house is just too quiet now. Chowder misses his constant companion, my husband misses Cassandra Lynn..I miss everyone. It was pretty hard to say goodbye, but definitely not as hard as the first time I left home. My dad says it gets easier, and I'm sure it will. It will just always suck until my husband retires.

Bye for now ^_^
Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment